Monday, September 7, 2009

A Final Thank You.....and Don't Forget to Vote!!

I've enjoyed meeting many new people throughout my campaign. I'd like to personally thank everyone of you who have either made contact with me, or allowed me to make contact with you, whether through phone calls, emails, at the football game, or during my door to door campaigning. It was a pleasure meeting you and hearing your thoughts and ideas on how our school district could be improved going forward.

I know that we all can't agree on everything, and I know that some will have a different set of ideas on how our district needs to improve. Knowing that we may have to agree to disagree on some issues, what I can promise each and everyone of you, is that I will take your ideas seriously and will make sure that our Board discusses those ideas. I will work with our students and faculty to ensure that their voices are heard by the Board. I will work with our community members to ensure that their voices are heard by the Board. But most importantly, especially in light of how certain campaigns have unfolded, I will be RESPECTFUL and PROFESSIONAL in my dealings with all stakeholders of this district! Ultimately, decisions need to be made for this district, and not all parties can be satisfied to their ultimate likeing. But, I will make sure that proper attention is given to each issue, and again, will ensure that I perform my duties with INTEGRITY. That is why I'm asking you to write me in on that write in line. WRITE IN ERIC PETERSON

Thank you again to everyone that I have had a chance to meet. I wish I could have made it to every household in the district to personally meet each of you. Thank you to those of you that took time out of your day to ask questions. Thank you to those that are getting out to vote. I know that not all of you can or will support my campaign, and that not all of you will write my name on that "write in" line tomorrow, but I really do appreciate your time and thoughts as well.

A special thank you to all of my supporters! You all mean so much to me and my campaign. Thank you for all your hard work in spreading the word! I have been humbled by your kindness and thoughtfullness. I have been inspired by your willingness to help another. You are why I fell in love with this district so long ago, and you are why I will always fight for what's right for this district.

A very special thank you to my wife and two daughters! As they "seem like nice people" to some, they are by far the most loving and supportive people in my life. The sacrifice they have given in lost husband and father time this last week and a half has been heart breaking for me, yet very much appreciated so I could focus my efforts on this great cause. They've asked for nothing in return......except a WIN!!

Finally, good luck to all the candidates out there. Of course, I hope to be serving with two of you, but if it wasn't meant to be for me this time around, then I hope the three of you will remember that this Board is a nonpartisan board and that you'll come together and do good for our district.

Thank you,
Eric Peterson

P.S. - Also, no matter who gets elected, please remember that this district serves many ages of students through many grades (K-12) and isn't only focused on high school students. Also, please remember that not everyone will choose a path that includes a college or university. We must not only focus on preparing our students academically for greater education, but we most also develop better people and better leaders. We have to develop character, social skills, and teamwork skills, so our students will be ready for the real world (whether that's university life, work after high school, athletics, technical school, theatre, or whatever else our students desire to achieve).



paid for by Eric Peterson, 5913 NW 96th Ct. Johnston, IA 50131

No comments:

Post a Comment